Friday, June 5, 2009

Think about this ... Must I follow rules?

MUST ALL THE RULES BE FOLLOWED? Will it bring me joy and peace? Will it inspire someone if I abide by it?

I come to thinking of this after watching news and reading some newspaper about tragedy, killings, scandals, economic depression, etc.... sorry but once in a while this news attracts my attention maybe because only few good and inspiring articles are written now a days... it is so depressing, why are we having this sort of problems. We have rules and if all of us followed it, will we be more organize and harmoniously living together?

Listen my friend, as I grew up my parents thought me the right and wrong about things and that we should respect other people, I sure hope your parents did it to you too and so as to other right? Then why on earth we are having this type of problem, huh!

Surprisingly, maybe this is just a co-incidence or God do have a purpose. Guess what? I found myself hearing this topic in the sermon of the priest as I went for a mass. The reading is about Jesus confronted by the religious "experts" during their time. "What is the greatest commandment of God?"


But before I go on with my topic, let me enumerate the 10 commandments of God. Most christian don't memorize it. I hope this will refresh our memory a bit. The first four talks about how to love God and keeping the Sabbath day holy, that is loving the Lord and acknowledging that all things comes from Him.

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in
heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

The six remaining commandments focuses more on how we should respect our neighbors, that we should respect our parents and not to take from others what is not ours.

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor
his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is
your neighbor's.'

Surprisingly, Jesus summarized the 10 commandments into two. First, love thy God with all your heart, soul and strength. Second is love your neighbors as you love yourself. Now, the commandments of God was given in order for us to live an orderly, happy and fulfilling life. Actually the commandment are simple but yes,quite hard to do, for those people who are so stubborn and those who do not want to be under God's authority. But with God's grace we can do it, He will send us His holy spirit to guide us. We are hard headed people, and we keep on giving justification on our wrong doing but we cannot fool God. He is the truth. We have to accept it because the truth will set us free.

Rightfully, I may say, rules was given in order for us to live rightfully, holy, pleasing and acceptable to God. If only, all of us follow it, then there will be no famine, no killings, no more wars. We can live equally and peacefully in the presence of our Lord.

Can you imagine how great that feels?

I have bought a cabinet, it has to be assembled in order for me to be able to use it. So before I put my clothes in there, I have to read the manual and follow the instruction to be sure that I assemble it right.That will be easy if I follow it, am I correct?

Now, if I just follow my instinct and assemble it by myself, I may have put it up yes, of course but with extra effort on my part and I still have to check if it will not collapsed once I put my clothes there.

However, if I read the manual and follow the instruction on how to built it, surely, it will have a better foundation and definitely it will be strong to hold on the loads that I will put in there.

Just like the commandments of God, if we follow it, we are assured of better life and guidance of our Lord God. Building a better place to live in starts within us. Shower others with our love, inspire people, give them hope and believe that the Lord is an omnipotent God who sees all, ready and able to help us in our needs.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Finally, following the rules given by God will put us in the right track as we journey through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment